WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
If you are considering pursuing higher education abroad, Canada is one of the most prominent destinations among the top countries across the globe. With the highest educational spending per capita, Canadian universities have become the dream for thousands of students across the world owing to their high academic standards and prominence of. Higher education in Canada is also easier in the pocket of Indian students, since despite maintaining high education standards, the cost is reasonable and hence education is more affordable as compared to the US and the UK. Canada has also been popularly acclaimed as one of the “best places to live” that has a conducive culture for international students.
The average tuition fee in Canada is as below
Bachelor’s Degree: 20,000 – 30, 000 CAD per annum.
Master’s Degree: 30,000- 35,000 CAD per annum.
PG Diploma: 11, 000 – 18, 000 CAD per annum.
Advanced Diploma: 10,000 – 15,000 CAD per annum.
Diploma: 10,000 – 15, 000 CAD per annum.
Living expenses: CAD 8,000 to CAD 10,000 per annum.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION IN CANADA UNIVERSITY
- IELTS: 6.5 No less than 6.0 / TOELF Score – 22 and above all section
- CGPA: 7.8 and above
- Backlog: A few Universities accepting 2-4 backlogs
- Strong extracurricular activity
- 5 years genuine work experience
MASTER’S IN ENGINEERING – PROGRAM DETAILS
A Master’s Degree in Engineering is inclined more towards the side of Practical Knowledge, i.e. students can anticipate deep learning and hands-on exposure to apply their conceptual depths in global industrial application. Master of Engineering Program in Canada is designed to support business operations and to fill the gap of practical, industry-oriented knowledge. Most of the Universities in Canada offer Master of Engineering course-work as a full-fledged program. If you would like to further pursue Ph.D., then only Master of Engineering program may not adequate option for you – you will also have to demonstrate your research capabilities. Master of Engineering is also pursued by professional aspirants to climb the corporate ladder in the job market.
A few universities offer 4 semesters (2 years) program, while others offer 2 semesters (1 year) program.
The Master of Engineering program prepares graduate engineers for advanced professional practice through a well-designed curriculum of graduate-level coursework along with an optional project. While the Master of Engineering degree is not the common path to PhD, a Master of Engineering degree holder will not be stopped from applying for the same. It is strongly recommended that Ph.D. aspirants attain competition a project in their area of interest to demonstrate and hone their research abilities.
Master of Applied Science (MASc)
The Master of Applied Science (MASc) program is better poised to steer your career towards researched. All MASc students have to finish a thesis before attaining graduation. The MASc program is the most appropriate post graduate program future research or Ph.D. aspirants. The core component of the program is the academic thesis, which deliberates upon the findings and inferences of an independent research investigation in a specific field carried out by the student during the course of his or her coursework.
Student need compulsory Professor’s approval for before applying to the MASc Program. If Professors are willing to take you under their research, you will get admission directly. Strong IELTS as well as some research experience is also mandatory to get admission in MASc Program. Some universities conduct online interviews for MASc admission seekers.
MASc graduates contribute as research engineers or technical project leads in various industries such as mechanical engineering, aeronautics, medical devices, manufacturing, electronics, mining equipment, material handling, construction automation and robotics. Faculty and students actively interact with industry players via internships, consulting and the launching of new companies. This enables them to familiarize themselves with state-of-the-art in various areas such as environmental monitoring, energy prediction, software, cloud computing, search engines, social networks, advertising, e-commerce, electronic trading, entertainment games, special effects in movies, robotics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, and more.
Mandatory Post Graduate Thesis
Students in the program have to complete a thesis which contains some elements of original work. The thesis is supervised by a faculty advisor and examined by a committee including two or more other faculty members.
DEADLINES & OTHER INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING
Top Universities in Canada have Fall intake with only a few universities providing Spring and May intake. You should individually research each University website for their respective deadlines.
- Normally, the deadline for submitting Letter of Recommendation is 20/30 days after submitting the online application. A few Universities have deadline for LOR (letter of recommendation) as same as the application deadline. If you submit after the deadline, your application will be summarily rejected without any intimation.
- Some Universities need official IELTS score from testing agency, make sure you submit the same for the respective university.
- Most Universities need official transcript to be sent in sealed envelopes, while some also seek language certificate, which the student must provide for respective university.
- Backlog Certificate required for a few universities
- In some cases, Universities may demand Letter of Recommendation Questionnaire to filled by the recommending professor which is then required to be submitted in the online portal of universities.
Generally, you should apply 8 to 12 months before the date of commencement of the courses.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Each university sets its own requirement of documents. But, generally, most of the following will be needed
- Transcript + All Mark Sheets attested by the University Registrar
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation (2 or 3)
- IELTS Score Copy
- Degree Certificate, if you have completed the same
- 10th/12th Mark Sheets
GETTING ADMISSION/ OFFER LETTER PROCEDURE
• Certificate of Acceptance in Quebec takes more than 30 days for approval. It is strongly recommended that you submit this as soon as you get admission letter from any of the Quebec universities.
• Other provinces do not require any additional documentation for Canadian Visa.
- CA Report (Liquid Assets + Fix Assets)
- GIC Receipt
- One Year Student Fees in advance with receipt (Not mandatory)
- Sponsorship Letter
- Sponsorship IT Returns of the last 3 years
- If the student is working (Salary Slip + Offer Letter + Relieving Letter + Increment Letter of Companies)
- Letter of Intent (Statement of Purpose) (Not Mandatory)
- 10th/12th Mark Sheets
- All Degree Certificate with Mark sheets (Include Backlog Mark sheets as well)
Please check the required form to submit visa application on CIC website.
All foreign students in Canada should have health insurance coverage. The medical coverage provided depends on the province where you are selected to study. Alberta, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Labrador, and Saskatchewan cover international students under their provincial health care plans, but coverage generally depends on the length of your stay. International students planning to study in Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island or Quebec must arrange for private health insurance. Find out more details about health coverage through the university websites and those of the provin¬cial ministries of health.
Are you looking for a great education experience in Canada? Email us at email@example.com to know more about what we do and how we can help you to achieve your dream.